[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:12:04 CET 2010

well, the thing is, there is a difference between perception and reality.
Many artists and creators want to hold to IP, see Marco's reaction, because,
barring alternatives they see working, it's one of the few ways they see
they can get an income; and I also think, from having discussed the issue
with different student groups, that there is still a social consensus that
it's something useful. At the same time, dissatisfaction with the excesses
of the current regime is growing, and also slowly becoming the basis for
social action. So this is something that we can actually win, perhaps not
today, but in a few years. If abolishing totally is advisable, and a social
discussion and consensus acquirses, then it will happen, but that will take
considerably more time,

Michel