[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:53:06 CET 2010

Hi Marco,

I understand entirely what you mean by the scarcity of time, and clearly in
our current context this is how we all experience it.

Nevertheless, for example here in Thailand, there are still a lot of people
living according to premodern logics, not accumulation oriented, including
people I observed closely in my wife's family.

For them, time is experienced as plentiful and abundant and not at all as
something that is 'objectively' scarce.

So, I'm not sure about Andy's meaning, I seemed to have missed that
exchange, but there is certainly an element of 'social construction' in the
experience and organisation of time.

I have a personal concept of integral time, i.e. there's is simple now time,
cylical time, linear time, and complex now time which integrates past and
future ... different social situations demand different time conceptions,
and an overall integral ability to use the right time at the right time, if
you get my drift <g>

Michel