[p2p-research] GSK's atonement - "We want to do more for people in less-developed countries...

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:13:54 CET 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: GSK's atonement - "We want to
do more for people in less-developed countries, those in the least
fortunate countries, resonates with the employees." via PharmaGossip by
insider on 2/3/10
Last month, in a speech before the Council on Foreign Relations in New
York, GSK's CEO Andrew Witty pledged to expand his company's pool of
patented compounds that others can use for free to try to develop
medicines for neglected tropical diseases , and to hand control to a
nonprofit group.
Glaxo will give up to 60 outside scientists from universities and
foundations access to a lab facility it calls the first-ever Open Lab,
for developing new medicines for diseases plaguing poor countries.
Witty also said Glaxo will give scientists around the globe free access
to data on 13,500 drug compounds that show some effectiveness against
malaria, one of the most devastating tropical diseases.
More

Thoughts?
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to PharmaGossip using Google Reader
favorite sites