[p2p-research] - Re: [Commoning] �ce

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:25:26 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM, j.martin.pedersen
<m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 30/12/10 03:28, Michel Bauwens wrote:
>>
>> My own view in this is that peer production, in the context of abundance of
>> digital reproduction
>
> I don't understand "abundance logic" without a denial of resource,
> labour and energy use. So when you say that you don't disregard those
> important and very high overlapping social and environmental costs of
> digital commons, how does a philosophy and architecture of commons that
> turn on the concept of abundance actually work?

Keep in mind everything from Avocados to Zucchini can also be "copied
for zero marginal cost" once the are established.

In fact, that type of production is even *less* environmentally costly than
the industrialization required to produce, connect, power, maintain and
recycle computers.

It also requires less labor when these "manufacturing plants" are local.

My friend in California owns an Avocado tree for which he does nothing
except to occasionally pluck the fruit.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
Social Sufficiency Coalition