[p2p-research] - Re: [Commoning] augmenting the movement¹s collective intelligence

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 04:28:25 CET 2010

Hi Dante,

My own view in this is that peer production, in the context of abundance of
digital reproduction, creates a plurarchy of options both within and outside
the projects, leaving the various shades of democracy to that part of the
process which deals with scarcity. SInce abundance and scarcity are always
polarities and never absolutes (every abundance creating its own scarcity),
there is always an issue of scarcity to be dealt with, through democracy,
markets, or hierarchy. The problem of our current representative democracy
is that it has become subsumed to the powerful market oligarchies. and while
democracy will always be contentious and antagonistic, there have been
periods in history when it worked differently, also using different forms
that representation.

see http://p2pfoundation.net/Special:Search?search=democracy&fulltext=Search