[p2p-research] Choosing the copyfarleft for the P2P Foundation coop

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Thu Dec 23 10:02:34 CET 2010

Hey Michel, that would be great. "copyfarleft" is a type of license, just
like "copyleft
" is, there is neither a license called copyfarleft nor one called
copyleft. There are specific licenses that implement both types; many that
implement Copylet, i.e. GPL, CCBYSA, etc, and so far only one that
implements copyfarleft, that is the "Peer Production License" published in
the Telekommunist Manifesto, which itself a fork of the Creative Commons
Attribution Non Commercial license with clauses added that explicitly allow
commons-based and non-profit commercial use.

It would be really cool if the P2P foundation used the Peer Production
License, as far as I know the only work that currently uses the license is
the Telekommunist Manifesto itself.

Best,

--
Dmyri Kleiner