[p2p-research] Fwd: ICC - videos, Remix the Commons video series

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 04:14:46 CET 2010

*MESSAGE FROM ALAIN AMBROSI /ICC VIDEOS *

Hello,

You can now access the series of short video interviews  made during the
Berlin IC
Conference in November at  http://www.vimeo.com/user5449180/videos.

They will soon be available also on Youtube, dailymotion and blip.tv.

These videos are part of the  edited takes that will be uploaded to the
remixthecommons
platform along with stock shot footage of the Berlin conference
and  other videos and images from different sources. The collaborative
remixthecommons.org projec <http://www.remixthecommons.org/>t  is presently
under construction and will be fully
operational in a few months.

In the meantime, these videos are public and are a contribution to the
final reports and to documenting the important event you organized
in Berlin. You can embed them on your own sites, circulate them to the
conference participants ... and are encouraged to
remix them.

A few words of introduction:
You will see  two different series:

1) Define The Commons/ Définir le Bien Commun / Definir el Procomùn:
edited versions of short definitions of the Commons given by different
interviewees in their respective language.
There are three versions of different lengths
Define the Commons / Définir le Bien Commun / Definir el Procomùn I
length 1,30 mn Define the Commons / Définir le Bien Commun / Definir el
Procomùn II
length 3mn Define the Commons / Définir le Bien Commun / Definir el Procomùn
III
length 16mn

2) Framing the Commons in Berlin:  a series of  9 separate longer  (but
still
short - up to 9 mn) interviews with  Silke Helfrich, David Bollier,
Michel Bauwens, Julio Lambing, Beatriz Busaniche, Frédéric Sultan,
Valérie Peugeot, Rosa Maria Fernanda and Alberto Acosta, Hervé Le Crosnier.

All the interviews are in their original language,  The short versions
of 'Define the Commons' (1.30 and 3 mn) in multiple languages are meant to
illustrate the plurality of cultures as well
the plurality of definitions.

According to the spirit of the remixthecommons project, each
viewer/participant is invited to use the material to create his /her own
version with subtitles.
Here is a link to a resource for preparing different language versions:
http://universalsubtitles.org/videos/

I hope you will find this material useful to help document and appraise the
exciting moment we shared in Berlin.  Viewing and editing the material from
the interviews has convinced me more than ever of the immense potential and
enthusiasm this movement can generate.

Alain Ambrosi Chercheur Associé Communautique<http://www.communautique.qc.ca/>
remixthecommons,org <http://www.remixthecommons.org/>