[p2p-research] what about archive.org as an alternative to youtube?

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 03:54:42 CET 2010

We used to have some friends that recorded our live music shows and
uploaded to archive.org

Archive.org could use some help in the coming years creating a way to
massively distribute it's archive, in my opinion. They will eventually
run out of space and resources on their existing servers. Other than
that  theoretical issue, I think archive.org personally is an awesome
place to post videos (would still allow you to embed as easily as
youtube does)

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM, magius <gmagius at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Italy some people is using Archive.org to share videos on the
> internet. Do your think that could be an alternative mass tool
> freedom-proof to commercial services like Youtube and soon?
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_movies

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com