[p2p-research] [ciresearchers] Yahoo shutting down delicious!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 03:27:26 CET 2010

in the case of the delicious, the commons can be a claim, i.e. an aspect of
reality that needs expansion over other aspects

i.e. delicious creates the platform, and eventually reap profits, but the
participating individuals create the knowledge which has use value and is
'universally available'; so in this case the commons is a claim by the
community of value creators: if we are creating the value, why is it that
neither governance nor financial benefits flow to us ...

such resources have both a commodity aspect (selling attention), a
governance aspect (who controls the platform), and a knowledge commons
aspect (the community of participants creating universally available shared
knowledge).

to shortly answer the public/commons aspect: my feeling is that commons
really means, belongs to all, as opposed to the public, which means, belongs
to a separate entity that claims to represent all ..

Michel