[p2p-research] Non digital commons a lot more complicated than Free Software

j.martin.pedersen m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Dec 18 16:14:24 CET 2010

On 17/12/10 09:05, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> While it is legimate to develop pure analysis and theory, I think there are
> many places for that, but it is not what we want to do in this context, but
> rather find practical ways to advance both the struggles and solution space
> of commons-oriented movements ...

What does this mean?

I don't understand the juxtaposition of "pure analysis and theory" with
"practical ways to advance both the struggles and solution space of
commons-oriented movements" - what kind of advances and solutions do not
emerge from envisaging and planning (i.e. analysis and theory)?

> I think we must also guard though of the opposite danger, i..e. to fall for
> a credo-based approach, in which virulent anticapitalist rhetoric becomes a
> requirement for collaboration; I personally believe we should be able to
> build movements that unite both anticapitalists and people who make for all
> kinds of reasons, different root cause systemic analyses, and that dialogue
> and deliberation amongst those differences should be both to highlight
> differences, but also to look for common action ..

What is virulent anticapitalist rhetoric? Can you give an example?