[p2p-research] Yahoo shutting down delicious

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 05:45:26 CET 2010

It'd be awesome if we could just share bookmarks right out of the
browser. I've made social bookmarking applications in Drupal and Ruby
on Rails, but it is not the same as being connected to a huge online
community. ma.gnolia was really good too, but was very poorly run on a
system administration level. (now http://gnolia.com/ and also shut
down).

I am going to revisit reddit and Diigo...

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Michel Bauwens
<michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> this is of course really bad news for me ... and one more example of the
> untrustworthyness of corporate platforms and their disdain for user
> communities ....
>
> time to think about alternatives then,
>
> are there good floss and robust FLOSS alternatives, is there anyone
> interested in more collective tagging as in zotero?, etc ...
>
> so, what do you guys recommend? I would aim to change on January 1, 2011,
>
> Michel
>
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Kevin Flanagan <kev.flanagan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Michel,
>>
>> Looks like Yahoo are planning to shut down delicious
>>
>> http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/16/is-yahoo-shutting-down-del-icio-us/
>>
>> Kevin
>

> --
> P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

> Think tank: http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com