[p2p-research] alternative email infrastructure

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:37:37 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems to me that a good long-term option for people that cannot do
>> their own system administration would be to create a cooperative-run
>> datacenter (or datacenters).
>
> Who would (optimally) be the owners of such a datacenter?
>
> Should the customers gather together to fund and own it themselves?
>
> Or should the workers who install and maintain it pay for that property?
>
> I'm just talking strategically - what is the best arrangement?
>
> Or maybe ownership doesn't matter at all?

One of the challenges in this is that in the US, I believe that the
nature of a cooperative is driven by the shareholders that found it.
So, you'd have to become part of every process of cooperative founding
to ensure that each one is structured the way you hope to see it.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com