[p2p-research] the connective

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 19:31:22 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder how this is differs from http://P2PFoundation.net/User_Owned
>
> Specifically, I've been told Workers will be exploited if the Users
> are the Owners.
>
> Will The Connective be able to avoid Worker exploitation?

I was not privy to the apparent previous discussion you mention where
you were  "told Workers will be exploited if the Users are the
Owners."

Is it plausible to discuss these scenarios in a way that seems to
indicate something will happen in all cases, when likely it would only
happen under certain conditions? Do people really believe that in call
cases of user ownership that workers will be exploited? If not, then
why are we even framing discussion in this way. It seems to me to be
destructive to useful dialogue to frame discussion in extremes where
one declares that everything will or will not be a certain way if we
do a certain thing. Reality bears out different results in practically
every case. It's rarely "either this way, or that way". It is usually
that things are either one way, or many other ways.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com