[p2p-research] Fwd: Keep the Drumbeat Festival Going

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:34:28 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mozilla Drumbeat Festival <drumbeat-events at mozilla.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Subject: Keep the Drumbeat Festival Going
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

One month ago, we convened in Barcelona for the Drumbeat Festival: Learning,
Freedom, and the Web. We learned, we built and we played.  And we're
committed to working with you to progress towards our shared vision of
revolutionizing learning with the web.

To that end, we hope you will:

*Get involved at www.learningfreedomandtheweb.org.

Learning, Freedom and the Web is the place to find out what's happening in
the post-Barcelona universe. Are you working on a project? Are you writing
about your Drumbeat Festival experience? Do you have thoughts on the future
of education? Let us know, and join our group blog here
http://learningfreedomandtheweb.org/get-involved/.

You'll also be able to join in on new Drumbeat projects, and also contribute
to the Learning, Freedom and the Web book, coming in March 2011!

This site belongs to the Drumbeat community. If you want to provide
feedback, support, or improvements to the site, join the LFW webteam at
http://groups.google.com/group/lfw-org-webteam.

*Add your #spark.

We want to know what you're working on. To join the report out (
http://commonspace.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/drumspark/), tweet or send an
update and tag it with #drumbeat and #spark (
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23drumbeat+%23spark). i.e.:

joaoamenezes: We're working on the new P2PU and improving the experience of
sharing knowledge #drumbeat #spark

thornet: Working with #CC advocates to contribute to and lead copyright/CC
courses on @P2PU #drumbeat #spark

*More to come.

We'll keep the updates coming through the end of the year.  Expect a look at
what worked and how we plan to improve the next Festival, some awesome video
content, and news on what's next for Drumbeat.

In the meantime, please sign up for the monthly Drumbeat newsletter and
mailing list at https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/community-drumbeat. And
consider joining our community calls, every Monday at 11:00am EST. Details
can be found on the Drumbeat wiki:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/WeeklyUpdates

Cheers,
The Drumbeat Festival Team