[p2p-research] from-open-business-models-to-an-economy-of-the-commons/

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 21:00:19 CEST 2010

Yeah, this is getting really old. People have been talking about open
business and commons based business since around 2004 (I should know
as I was one of the first at open business models wiki hive with time
stamps going back to 2006). That is around the time that I met Michel.
We started BarCamp Bank in France and US in 2006. We tread all of this
territory back then. I gave a presentation at Nottingham in the end of
2007 on Open Business Models for the Political economies of Peer
Production. There are now literally thousands of people talking about
this 4 years later. So, there's plenty of prior art before you on this
subject, Alex.

No one has any claim to Open Business Models, Commons Based business,
etc etc. We definitely do not owe you attribution for it, Alex.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Kevin Carson
<free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/21/10, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Luckily you are not an original thinker in toto either.
>>
>> At any rate, the wiki project at http://p2pfoundation.net is an exploration
>> of the ideas covered in the article.
>>
>> If your ego weren't so huge you could see this as a complementary asset
>> enabling readers to join in collaborative research.
>>
>> Alas, it is up tp me to wade through your filth to tell them myself.
>
> Alex, I thought the drama with you was over.  I am, quite frankly,
> thoroughly sick of it.  I have put you on moderated status.
>
> --
> Kevin Carson
> Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org
> Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com
> The Homebrew Industrial Revolution:  A Low-Overhead Manifesto
> http://homebrewindustrialrevolution.wordpress.com
> Organization Theory:  A Libertarian Perspective
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/12/studies-in-anarchist-theory-of.html

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com