[p2p-research] from-open-business-models-to-an-economy-of-the-commons/

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:44:06 CEST 2010

sorry alex, you are wrong,

this is not personal,

we had a few conversations on practical matters, I acknowledge that,

you are doing hopefully interesting work for yourself and others, I have
stated my opinion elswhere, i.e. I find both your imposition of new info
architectures and positivistic account of p2p deeply problematic, but I
acknowledge it as one possible interpretation of p2p, along with many others
... Perhaps it will be successfull, perhaps not, time will tell, I'm not
there to judge or predict, though I do give my considerations on the matter
since it impacts on my work and on the p2p-f community. As you know, I have
ceased to have a positive opinion on your contributions but I believe I have
a right to such assessment, as you have on mine

but you have not been an intellectual influence on me ... many have, you did
not, our conversations were interesting, but not earth-shattering, I found
them usefully pragmatic and originally welcomed your plans wholeheartedly

I have been workign and reading since at least 2002 on this, absorbed many
influences and cited 99% of them .. If I do take up your ideas, I will
acknowledge them .. this is not difficult for me, as a curator, this is
actually my job and I do it all the time, see the blog and wiki for
thousands of references ...

and since you insist on continuing the conversation, let me be truthful, I
do not understand most of what you are writing ... it comes from a space
that I do not understand well enough ... it may be very useful and
interesting, it's just not my cup of tea

Sorry to disappoint you,

but you are entirely wrong in interpreting this as a refusal to acknowledge
your contributions to my thinking on these matters,

Michel