[p2p-research] Fwd: material on peer to peer urbanism by Nikos Salingaros (without attachment)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 07:05:26 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Subject: Fwd: material on peer to peer urbanism by Nikos Salingaros
To: Peer-To-Peer Research List <p2presearch at listcultures.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nikos Salingaros <salingar at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:24 AM
Subject: requested material
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Cher Michel,

Silke Helfrich m'a demandé de t'envoyer certains choses. Les voilà:

> If you haven't done already, please send to Michel Bauwens the
following, either as a link or as an attached document:
      1) bio or cv material which specifies your linkage
      our conference theme(s)

Specific p2p bio is attached to this email
Long CV online http://zeta.math.utsa.edu/~yxk833/vitae.html

      2) supporting articles, websites, etc...
articles:

http://www.greekarchitects.gr/en/architectural-review/peer-to-peer-urbanism-id1973
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/urban-seeding-and-the-city-as-computer/2008/09/08
http://p2pfoundation.net/Peer-to-Peer_Themes_and_Urban_Priorities_for_the_Self-organizing_Society

websites:
http://32.hoppakay.com/home.html
http://zeta.math.utsa.edu/~yxk833/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikos_Salingaros

      3) specific info on the organisation you work with

I work with the p2p Foundation, and head the Gruppo Salìngaros in
Italy and Portugal. This is a think tank of architects, urbanists,
sociologists and scientists who are planning a new urban future for
Italy and Europe. I am also professor of Mathematics at the University
of Texas at San Antonio, and am on the faculty of other universities
in Mexico, Italy, and Holland.

      4) specific info on your expertise concerning specific
      commons related thematics

I am one of the pioneers helping to define a new discipline:
PEER-TO-PEER URBANISM. As a leading urbanist, I bring experience in
scientific methods of urbanism, participatory design, network
connectivity applied to urban structure, and biophilia.

      5) commons related material that pertains to your
      country of origin or residence

My articles on peer-to-peer urbanism are originally published in
English for a world-wide audience and are being translated into Greek
for the benefit of readers in my own country.

By the way, I was thinking of re-considering your initial offer to
become a full member of the p2p foundation.

Best wishes,
Nikos