[p2p-research] Free Software Ning Replacement - Now!

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:48:02 CEST 2010

Hello all,

It's been a long time coming, this Ning thing, and lots was written and
discussed on the subject.

Inspired by Josef's wishes to enable the social site to continue on, and
pressed for time:

http://peerforge.com

and the attached free software social networking site:

http://commons.peerforge.com (running the new "Drupal Commons" distribution
from Acquia)

The manifesto at http://peerforge.com can be your own when you join up.

My hope is that you will consider it your own, as a gift.

I am happy to transfer the domain to someone and the hosting account that is
running it at a point in time when the group of users feels like doing
something different (like tomorrow, if you like :)

Thanks for checking it out and making an account.

If people like, we can transfer the user list from the Ning site, and I'll
gladly recreate some of the 100 posts from Ning in the next couple days.

I feel like, if there are people who feel strongly like I do, that there
could be an option to do something different now, and own it together, that
maybe folks will want to give it a try.

Sincerely,

Alex Rollin
http://commons.peerforge.com/users/alex-rollin