[p2p-research] Issue of bullying within private p2p-f communication

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 08:25:56 CEST 2010

On 8/15/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The second, and frankly more true position I have now is. Alex contributions
> are detrimental to the project, his behaviour is inacceptable in a
> cooperative venture, nothing is really going to solve this since he has had
> a lot of time and occasions to behave in a conciliatory manner. He simply
> cannot see there is a problem.
>
> So, the action here would be clear: explusion. Kevin takes measures
> regarding the list, in the context of the bullying. And James takes the step
> to ban Alex from the wiki. Life goes on, Alex finds another way to use his
> creative energies, and perhaps one day, if calm has returned, makes another
> more modest attempt that recognizes the existing and previous contributors.

As I said off-list, I believe Alex's behavior as described by you and
Sam has reached the level of stalkerish harassment, behavior which led
us to ban another member in the past.  If Ryan agrees to it or is
neutral, I will unsubscribe Alex.

Peer groups are self-selected, and "voting someone off the island" is
a legitimate dynamic of peer self-government.  I think this is a
situation that screams for such a solution.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism