[p2p-research] future of ning community

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:12:56 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

Josef, the creator of our ning community has alerted me to the closing of it
at the end of the month.

If we want to continue this the cheapest version comes I believe at $200,

Josef knows more. If anyone would like to support its continued existence
and lead a fundraising drive, this would be a good time to launch it. As
August 20 is the deadline.

In my own experience, the Ning community has a nice list of sympathizers,
has the occasional interesting discussions, and has been a good place for
announcements which can't find a place in the regular blog.

Retweets have been regular, so I do think it could be a continued part of
the mix,

I think that with a voluntary moderator who would dynamize it, it could have
a dynamic second life,