[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 07:25:40 CEST 2010

On 8/13/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Though I promised to refrain, please allow me to show this page, part of a
> dozen or so, that can be found in the P2P Foundation
>
> I give detailed arguments why this is serious in a private conversation,
> which Kevin  can share if he wants, but I abstain given my promise.
>
> but, see for yourself:
> http://p2pfoundation.net/Pledge_of_personal_commitment
>
> This is part of a pattern of about a dozen pages that are proposals, but
> presented as policy of the P2P Foundation, and would be read as such by any
> unaware visitor, and if my reading would correct, would take it into a whole
> new direction of total commitment in which any individual interests are read
> in total opposition of the collective ...

I agree that the actual text of the page gives no indication that it's
a mere proposal by one individual, who the author is, or that the page
is not an official policy document of the P2P Foundation.

I am aware that it's possible to ascertain the authorship of an edit
or a page by going to History.  But a casual reader should be able to
determine the authorship without having to do this.  I believe anyone
adding text to the Wiki should make it clear, with a byline in the
text itself, where it came from.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism