[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 07:12:54 CEST 2010

Though I promised to refrain, please allow me to show this page, part of a
dozen or so, that can be found in the P2P Foundation

I give detailed arguments why this is serious in a private conversation,
which Kevin  can share if he wants, but I abstain given my promise.

but, see for yourself:
http://p2pfoundation.net/Pledge_of_personal_commitment

This is part of a pattern of about a dozen pages that are proposals, but
presented as policy of the P2P Foundation, and would be read as such by any
unaware visitor, and if my reading would correct, would take it into a whole
new direction of total commitment in which any individual interests are read
in total opposition of the collective ... My reading is not only that such
misrepresentation is a serious breach in itself, but that the tonality of
the documents by itself, give an indication of what an oppressive regime
would look like.

I totally agree with George Dafermos' take on the situation, i.e. that
influence and build authority based on trust is not a form of oppressive
coercion, and paradoxically, domination can hide between a rule-based
facade.

I'm just asking people to be aware of this as this conflict unfolds,

Michel