[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:39:30 CEST 2010

Patrick,

I'm presuming that the user base of wikipedia grew organically, and so did
the technical improvements and increased possibilities, through a dialectic
between the content producing and more techny-savvy developers.

This is of course quite different from imposing it on unwilling content
creators, without process or dialogue, or as in our case as well, the
decision to a wholesale adoption of wikipedia formatting, without regard for
the very different philosophy and histories of both projects.

Also as you are aware, the wikipedia stopped growing and is bleeding
contributors, while my general thesis has been that the main reason for this
is the victory of deletionism and the high political treshold for the
creation of new articles, which becomes a combat sport, there is the
possiblity that equally high technological tresholds could have played a
part in this crisis, the latter is of course just a hypothesis,

Michel