[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

Marco Fioretti marco at digifreedom.net
Thu Aug 12 17:21:56 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 09:04:19 AM -0600, Patrick Anderson (agnucius at gmail.com) wrote:

> > I have strong doubts that this [text as reusable code] can work
> > scalably in real life on text like this in this wiki.
>
> Maybe you are right.  I wonder why the folks a Wikipedia use it so
> much then...  I wonder why they bothered to make it a part of the
> wiki software.  Maybe this is one of the unexplored problems of
> Wikipedia?

These are just hypotheses of mine:

regular wikipedia contributors are wonderful people... that have
freely decided to waste huge amounts of their own time fighting
against trolls that continuously rewrite andvandalize pages for the
fun of it, just because everybody must have write access. And endure
heartburn from that and many other causes. It continuously amazes
me. So I guess that this specific feature, if really is so heavily
used, is the last of their problems.

maybe it was included in the software simply because in the very first
days there were so little users, all good guys and knowing each other,
that nobody thought seriously about future issues like scalability,
trolls, astroturfing and the like. Just like it happened to email,
which eventually led to spam.

Marco