[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:00:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps folks would read my email before beleiving Michel at his
> interpretation.  It's a lot to ask, I know.

I have read the exchange. It's non-consensual:
- Both parties strongly disapprove of the way they are being talked to
- Both parties realize the other person does not consent to being talked to
in this way
- Both parties continue, in full view of this realization

When this happens, discussing the content is futile, and meta-discussion at
any level of "meta" tends to be futile as well (yet here I am doing it).

I am for "nuking from space" when something like that happens in a community
- full moratorium on all dispute-related activities whatsoever, done by
pulling the necessary plugs. When time passes, activities can experimentally
resume one by one, and stopped if any non-con among participants should
arise. Often, this simply leads to new communities being born as members
want to continue what they've been doing, elsewhere. This describes my
dictatorial preferences in management, and assumes there is someone "in
space" with a sufficient plug-pulling power to make that happen. Looks like
this would be James.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.