[p2p-research] moratorium on conflict debate

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:12:31 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

I'm starting to get complaints about the tediousness of our back and forth.

I propose a moratorium on the  conflict, as the visions of both parties are
now well-known.

I re-iterate that it is now time for Alex to take a break, either
voluntarily, or not voluntarily.

So, I'm asking Alex to refrain from communication on the conflict for this
list, and I will do the same.

I have asked Kevin Carson, one of the moderators of this list, to take
action if there is no voluntary restraint.

The rest of the conflict will be handled in private communication with James
Burke, however, if you want to be on it, let James know and we copy you in.

We can have one extra day for others, not me or Alex, still to chime in the
issue publicly, then I propose we stop, and any conflict communication can
go on between those people that request to be on it.

So to be clear, I intend to use my influence as a founder to ask James to
restrict Alex's possiblities to intervene in the code base of the wiki,
pending a certain period of cooling off. If after say 3 months of cooling
off, Alex wants to resume his collaboration, we can reconsider at that time.
Alex can still propose content pages and use his power of free expression.