[p2p-research] Compromise? Submission to Process = Temporary Peace?

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 14:30:22 CEST 2010

Let's step into process and quit broadcasting, hey?  Who like process!?  I
do I do!

Michel's complaints:

   1. Tech in the wiki is crazy dangerous and should be moderated
   2. Alex is a wild editor and can't be controlled
   3. Alex is a revolutionary trying to kick Michel out of his cottage
   industry

Alex's Response:

   1. Alex will gladly remove all crazy tech and submit to a review process
   that keeps Michel's needs in mind and makes reasonable demands on each
   person
   2. Alex has already stopped editing Michel's create(d) pages, and stopped
   any destructive edits weeks ago.  Ask Michel to point new ones out, if you
   don't believe me.
   3. Alex thinks Michel is a bad front guy, and that a user conflict
   resolution policy and a code of conduct for the board are appropriate.  Alex
   has no formal or structural power right now, though, and would ask others to
   look at that as the primary issue.  A conflict resolution process to which
   Michel would be willing to submit is my actual goal.

Without process organizations die.  Let's make some process and prevent
Michel from drumming out every loudmouth talented brat.

Everyone ought to take a look at the process that Michel, James, and Alex
all agreed to.

http://p2pfoundation.net/Wiki_Use_Policy

Keep in mind that Michel agrees it's a good process, but refuses to submit
to it now.  He just told me on chat that his reason for non-cooperation is
#3 above.

What do you think about that?

Alex