[p2p-research] On Alex Rollin stated intentions to expel me from the P2P Foundation board

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Aug 12 07:42:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 02:33:40 AM +0700, Michel Bauwens (michelsub2004 at gmail.com) wrote:

> it is a matter of principle for me that Alex Rollin will NOT sit on
> the board, and I'm reinforced not only in the belief that there
> should be a fork, but now that this fork should be OUTSIDE of the
> P2P Foundation. Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Michel,

here's mine, which is basically a synthesis of things I already wrote:

1) in the long run, you're very likely to have even more problems than
  in this circumstance if you keep refusing to "look under the hood",
  so to speak, of online publishing and communication systems. Both
  because I don't think it's really compatible with a role and
  profession like yours, and because it has nothing to do with
  becoming a programmer or anything of the sort. My advice is to start
  planning to solve this problem to save you from more stress in the
  future.

2) regardless of what I just wrote: I haven't spent enough time to
  understand exactly what actually are the technical (how to format or
  hide formatting...) and organizational (most effective website
  layout and categories structure) parts of the quarrel between you
  and Alex and I really have no time to do it. However, since there's
  no doubt that you are the founder and the one that did the majority
  of the work on the current website, this settles the question for
  me. You have the right to keep the name and keep the website as you
  want (but for your own good, work on #1 above), Alex stops editings
  NOW, then mirrors the whole wiki somewhere _else_ with _another_ name
  and keeps restructuring that as he pleases.

Personally, I see no need to investigate further now. If this fork
will lead, over time, to Alex's wiki to get much more traffic and
contributions and generally more support and interest of the original
one, because it's structured better, SEO-optimized and what not, it
will be self-evident and it will always be technically and legally
possible to merge again the two things in one.

Marco