[p2p-research] Fwd: Introducing Bethnal Green Ventures

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:24:59 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anna Maybank <anna at sicamp.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Subject: Introducing Bethnal Green Ventures
To: Anna Maybank <anna at sicamp.org>

Hello there,

We're emailing you because you've signed up to the Social Innovation
Camp<http://www.sicamp.org/> mailing
list.

It's been a while since we've been in touch and we're sorry about that.

We've been busy working on a new project called Bethnal Green
Ventures<http://bethnalgreenventures.com/> and
we thought it was about time we told you all about it.

Bethnal Green Ventures is a practical school for people who want to use the
web to make the world a better place.

Like Social Innovation Camp, it's all about bringing together great people
with new ideas to help build web-based solutions to social problems, but
this time we're going to be building things over the course of several
weeks, not just a few days.

Social Innovation Camp is all about taking a back-of-the-envelope idea and
working out how to make it real. Now we want to build a new way of helping
people grow an idea that one stage further: from prototype idea to social
start-up.

Starting this Autumn, Bethnal Green Ventures
Nightschool<http://bethnalgreenventures.com/nightschool/> is
the first step in doing that.

>From October to December 2010, we’re running a ten-week, one-evening-a-week
nightschool in Bethnal Green, London for ideas, projects and start-ups that
use the web to tackle a social problem.

The idea is to bring projects together with all the people, advice and
support they need to help an early-stage idea launch and grow.

Right now, we’re looking for people who’d like to get involved!
*
*
It’s free (although we’ll ask you to put in £5 each week for dinner) and
it’s a chance to meet a whole range of interesting people – both those at
the same stage of starting something as you are, as well as people to share
their experience and help you work on anything from product development to
raising investment.

You can find a little bit more about the kind of ideas, projects and
start-ups we’re looking for over on the Bethnal Green Ventures site
here<http://bethnalgreenventures.com/join-bethnal-green-ventures-nightschool-this-autumn/>
.

If you're interested in getting involved, please do get in touch before *1st
September 2010,* after which we'll be choosing the most promising projects
to take part.

And for further info check out bethnalgreenventures.com

 <http://bethnalgreenventures.com/>All the best,

The Social Innovation Camp team.

p.s. if you're not keen on being on the Social Innovation Camp mailing list
anymore, reply to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

    Anna Maybank

Director
Social Innovation Camp
www.sicamp.org