[p2p-research] some wiki editing rules

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:03:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I appreciate your work tremendously, and your always balanced judgment, so
> thanks with coming up with that solution,
>
> beyond any personal differences, james and I discussed a process,
>
> what I do not want is one peer setting the direction and imposing solutions,
> but of course, I have been doing this by default as well, being the first,
>
> but time may be right for a technical 'commission', which discusses
> technical improvements, and proposes it to the community for discussion,
>
> if the community feels something needs to change, say go to wikipedia
> formatting instead of what we've done, even though I do not like this
> personally, I would of course go along

Yes, there could potentially be some automation/technical improvements
that could happen over time. But they should be done in direct
collaboration with you and James. If you and/or James are disagreeing,
changes should wait until you both agree, or not be done. That's my
view.

> (this is just an example)
>
> but I do not wish one person to set the agenda and disempower me totally
> when I oppose something,
> my concerns as main user certainly need to be heard and acknowledged, not
> necessary followed,

Agreed on all of the above.

> a process would be the best to depersonalize conflicts,

Agree again :) .  Maybe we should just start this now? A written
process, and a ruleset for governance, disputes, etc?

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://forwardfound.org