[p2p-research] some wiki editing rules

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:06:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sam, I'm sorry, but this is a breaking point for me, this is a hostile
> takeover, and I can neither accept Alex's authority over me, nor over the
> community, I cannot accept such a stance and behaviour ..

Ok, no problem Michel. I thought I would take a crack at trying to
mediate the issue, and didn't want to just leave you hanging out
alone. Yet, I can respect what you are saying here.

> So, what do we do? This is one hundred percent incompatible with all my
> wishes for the P2P Foundation ..
>
> Is everybody else happy to live under the enligthened rule of Mr. Alex
> Rollin?

I'll defer to the direction you choose, Michel. P2P found is your and
James's creation, and I'll respect what you want to do with it.

> I find it absolutely imperative that a second wiki fork is created, if the
> majority of people feel Alex' way is the future and they are willing to
> follow the new rules, they can join Alex, I don't even mind that this would
> be the first wiki,

I can think of maybe one more technical solution, which is that a
wysiwyg editor might be used, which will hide code, yet make it
available for those who prefer code. You can still use markup inline
while editing, I believe. Not saying this is the solution to the
current problem at hand. But, could be worth thinking about for the
future. http://wikieducator.org uses it to try and bridge the gap
between people who code with markup, and people who manage content
without much markup (it gives a view of the content that removes the
markup while editing, usually). Just an idea.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com