[p2p-research] Fwd: important message to all p2p foundation sympathizers

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 11:14:30 CEST 2010

Hi Marco,

I must confess I do not know who owns the wiki domain name and server, and
James burke should know,

it was originally brice leblevennec of ex machina, but I know that James is
now paying for server space with his own money. I'm assuming that James is
the guy with the key, both for the blog and wiki.

I would personally not know how to fork a wiki, nor care to learn,

this means that if I would be compelled to do it and nobody would step
forward, I would have a problem .. in the worst case, I would use public
spaces like blogger and such, look for free wikispaces on the net, and do
things that I can launch in five minutes, and proceed from there,

this is no the ideal, and I can imagine free software geeks disapproving,
but I do not wish to go in that direction of learning this technology, I
want to focus on content production, and I'm ready to pay the price for this
lack of expertise,

if a fork is necessary or unavoidable, I would of course find it more
logical that Alex would fork, rather than me, since the legacy system has
been overwhelmingly created through my efforts, and his contributions are of
a later origin, but if necessary, if the majority prefers a progammatic
wiki, then I would accept a fork for me .. the important thing for me is the
ability to work in peace and productively

Michel