[p2p-research] against human rentals

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:44:31 CEST 2010

Samuel Rose wrote:
> In Josef's example, we can only call "profit" by it's name
> while the worker simply accumulates wealth.

Profit is the difference between Consumer Price and Owner Costs.
Why pretend it is anything else?

Profit is *undefined* when the Consumer is also the Owner.

There can be no difference between Price and Cost in that case
because the product is not being purchased.

> What often happens is that the
> worker, over time, either by need, or choice, needs to redistribute
> that "profit" towards procuring food, energy, access, etc.

We are addicted to the notion that all these things must be purchased
instead of realizing we could own them as a "side effect" of having
ownership in the Means of Production AS A CONSUMER.

For example, if you co-own part of a dairy, then you do not need to
*buy* your portion of the milk from the collective others - you own
it already as a result of your having ownership in the Sources.

This is a great way to side-step the Gestapo trying to stop us from
trading locally: simply stop trading products and trade only services
instead.  But in order to do so, the Consumers must invest and own
the Sources of that which they need with the ROI being at-cost
product.

> This may be resolvable by the worker owning the means of production.

The will be resolved when the workers own the means of production for
that which they CONSUME, for then they will not need to beg for work
nor will they need to remain on the side of the Capitalists who seek
scarcity in their drive to keep Prices above Costs.