[p2p-research] some wiki editing rules

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:29:07 CEST 2010

Let's also make sure Michel and james are ok with this, all right?

We really need to make sure that at least Michel and you are both on
the same page before moving forward, I think. And, if we do it here,
others will see what pattern is emerging for how things are done

I can help get a bot running on p2p wiki for removal of wanted pages,
but only if Michel and James also agree, ok?

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Michel Samule Rose, I do find your
> contributions helpful.
>
> I like the process and hope we can get a bot soon.  I have am stymied
> with the Python.
>
> Alex
>>
>> I would like to suggest that we could maybe do the following on dead links:
>>
>> 1. We need a way to contact active wiki participants as a group
>>
>> 2. We audit them once per month, by viewing
>> http://p2pfoundation.net/Special:WantedPages and then put out a call
>> on front page of wiki, and to this list, etc, for people to help build
>> those pages, with a stated deadline, and a description of what is
>> minimally needed (should be part of wiki policy somewhere as to what a
>> stub should minimally contain).
>>
>> 3. If at the end of "x" amount of time, a page is not created (1
>> month? 1 week?), a bot is used to remove it from
>> http://p2pfoundation.net/Special:WantedPages list (which removes the
>> dead link)
>>
>> We can research a way together to automate this (and automate making
>> interested people aware of the dead links and opportunity to create
>> content)
>>
>> What do you think about that?

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com