[p2p-research] some wiki editing rules

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:09:20 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

I would like to remind contributors of the policy that was used in the last
four years:

1) please no wholesale dumping of wikipedia entries

2) please, no dead links, do not create links to material which you do not
intend to create immediately (I had to change an article that had about 40
dead links)

3) adding tons of complicated code is making editing a huge headache, I am
now spending 15 minutes editing articles which used to take 30 seconds ...
it's a huge drain on productivity

I'm very close to feeling that my practice is incompatible with that of Alex
Rollin (sorry Alex, but I got to say this), and that we will need two wikis,
one where the geeks amongst us can play at their hearts content, and one
which keeps the simplicity of organization and procedure which lead to
12,000 articlds and 13 million pageviews in 4 years.