[p2p-research] Are citizens really ready for open government?

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:09:21 CEST 2010

"Open Data work only if many more citizens are both willing and able to
process numbers than it is the case today"

I think that's true for written words, too.  I was talking over the process
of editing a 20 page policy with a fellow developer today.  How much text
does a participant have to read to make changes that can be adopted by
another 10000 users/voters?  Lots of discussion, lots of reading, lots of
work.

The tool we are working on, Votorola, is great, and at a certain scale there
are still opportunities to help users come together and create something
that works for each of them.

http://p2pfoundation.net/Votorola