[p2p-research] against human rentals

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:10:59 CEST 2010

Michel Bauwens wrote:
> ideally, a coop should make all participants
> cooperators, and not hire labour

Assume for the moment I agree workers
need equal ownership.

Some questions:

1.) If you will not allow the cooperative to
 pay the workers, then why would they work?

2.) How will the workers pay for things like
food and shelter if they are not being paid?

3.) What benefit is there for a member to
declare himself a worker as opposed to
being a consumer only, who can just be lazy?
In other words, what is the difference, or
is there any difference in 'compensation'
if I do work for the cooperative or if I stay
home and lay in the sun?  If there is a
difference, then *how* is it different from
what is now called 'wage'.

Thanks,
Patrick