[p2p-research] kevin's new book

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:48:17 CEST 2010

On 8/4/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Umair Haque has been collecting a series of impressive and important graphs
> that hightight the current transition problems, i.e. the deeper trends
> preceding, causing, and following the meltdown
>
> here is an example:
> http://www.bubblegeneration.com/2010/07/great-transition_22.html
>
> they say things like, the US has not renewed its industrial base, corporate
> cash hoards do not know what to invest in, even well-earning people are
> faced increased economic security, and more,
>
> I think they would be very useful in any book you would be writing about
> what comes next after the crisis ..
>
> all this to try to get you to volunteer to go through his series and publish
> a selection of his graphs with your comments and conclusions

Thanks, Michel.  I'll put it on the list.  I'm not planning to write
any books on a macroeconomic topic -- I think I summed up my
conclusions in Ch. 3 of Homebrew Industrial Revolution.  But it's an
interesting subject.  I'll have to see what he means by "renewingi the
industrial base."  To me, one of the most important things about the
current technological revolution is that it renders conventional ideas
of "rebuilding the industrial base" irrelevant--most of the existing
industrial base will simply rust as production is relocalized.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism