[p2p-research] Amazon created the workforce online market

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:33:18 CEST 2010

well, the common point is modularity,

but it makes a huge distinction whether they are done in an alienating
'division of labor' kind of way, with very low income,

and by passionate producers in charge of their own modules, in a
'distribution of labour" contexgt

it seems to me that free software modules are meaningful units, as opposed
to the micro-tasks of mechanical turk

in our wiki:

   - Modularity <http://p2pfoundation.net/Modularity>
   '''= What is a Modular System? Modularity is an essential condition for
   [[Peer Production]]''' Distribution is also dependent on modularity,
   which means the break up of the raw materials into smaller modules, so th
   23 KB (3765 words) - 14:23, 22 July 2010
   - Remixability and
Modularity<http://p2pfoundation.net/Remixability_and_Modularity>
   Manovich, Lev (2005), '''Remixability and Modularity''' See our entries
   on [[Remix Culture]] and [[Modularity]]
   317 B (44 words) - 12:58, 1 January 2007
   - Modularity in Open
Source<http://p2pfoundation.net/Modularity_in_Open_Source>
   See our general treatment on [[Modularity]] as a pre-condition for [[Peer
   Production]] to occur. Modularity and the Organizational Economics
   26 KB (3968 words) - 14:24, 22 July 2010
   - Modularity in Science <http://p2pfoundation.net/Modularity_in_Science>
   ==Michael Nielsen on the need for a "[[Conscious Modularity]]" for [[Open
   Science]]== ... ware projects, but that difficult science problems often
   have less natural modularity, and this makes it unlikely that open
   science will scale.
   3 KB (522 words) - 20:07, 1 April 2009
   - Conscious Modularity <http://p2pfoundation.net/Conscious_Modularity>
   See Michael Nielsen's contribution on [[Modularity in Science]] at
   http://michaelnielsen.org/blog/?p=591
   105 B (14 words) - 20:07, 1 April 2009