[p2p-research] New laws in Michigan

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:16:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oregon didnt, and california doesn't allow food preparation but does have
> that significant dairy law.
> I worked on a farm in Oregon where we helped to fund a lightweigh mobile FDA
> lab for examining beef from small farms.  That way small farms could sell
> quartered cows (unbutchered  meat) to groups who cooperated to have it
> butchered themselves.

Yeah, mobile meat processing is a popular topic nowadays. It was
probably pretty new, though when you did this, I can imagine
(depending on how long ago).

There are others who just want to move this raising and larger-scale
processing all back into the city (some in Cleveland OH calling for
this, for instance) as it used to be decades ago.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com