[p2p-research] semantic wiki extension

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:03:18 CEST 2010

any community over time develops a culture and norms which must be absorbed
by newcomers ... advanced members cannot be expected to spend all their
energy in handholding newcomers ... I think this is an issue for all
communities

of course, it is the responsibility of older members to facilitate the
introduction and acceptance of new members

I don't see any community escaping this conumdrum ..

note the paradox that the most democratic cultures, i.e. debian, are also
the most demanding and conditional in terms of participation ...

Michel