[p2p-research] Fwd: CommonSource Monthly Brief - July 2010

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:15:52 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Gorenflo <neal at shareable.net>
Date: Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:57 AM
Subject: CommonSource Monthly Brief - July 2010

Dear advisors,

There's no summertime blues at Shareable.  Our traffic grew again this month
thanks to the final stories of the successful Shareable
Futures<http://shareable.net/blog/shareable-futures>series, especially
Benjamin Rosenbaum's "The
Guy Who Worked for
Money<http://shareable.net/blog/the-guy-who-worked-for-money>".
 Here's more on how our month went:

TRAFFIC
Unique visitors: 19,543 / up ~10%
Pageviews:  107,523 / up ~15%
Pageviews per Visit: 3.65 / no significant change
Average time on site: 2:30 / no significant change
Facebook members: 4,127 / up ~10%
Twitter members: 2,415 / up ~5%
Alexa rank: ranked 235,719 of all web sites in the world / slight
improvement

THE TOP 5 STORIES
The Guy Who Worked for Money (the top story by a 5x margin)
The Exterminators Want Ad
A Transumer Manifesto
20 Careers That Will Make the Future Less Dystopian
5 Ways Augmented Reality is Making Your Life More Shareable

ACTIVITIES & MEDIA
I spoke on a panel about sharing at the Creative Commons salon in San
Francisco, did an hour live radio interview with Carol Brouillet of the
Community Currency show on the Progressive Radio Network, and Spoke at EDF
and Ashoka's Solutions Lab in San Jose.

The Shareable Future's series brought more support from BoingBoing, the
second largest source of readers behind Facebook.  We were also mentioned by
Metro Magazine in Silicon Valley, reviewed by the largest youth radio
channel in Austria - FM4, and Yes! Magazine published two of our stories.

As always, feedback, questions, and ideas are welcome.  Thank you for your
support.

Cheers,

Neal

ps.  Welcome editorial advisors to our monthly project brief!  Our monthly
brief is meant to be short review of CommonSource's (publisher of
Shareable) progress.  It was originally for the founding team, but we're
grateful for a growing community of support.  Membership on this list is
optional.  You can reply to opt-out.

--

Neal Gorenflo | Publisher, http://Shareable.net <http://shareable.net/> |
415.867.0429