[p2p-research] It's the Economy, Stupid—But Not in Britain

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:12:40 CEST 2010

there must definitely be soul-searching, and most Greek people have
comparatively low wages already, if they have a job,

however, the neoliberal strategy you propose has been tried many times, and
failed miserably, while those that refused, like Malaysia after the 99
financial crisis, thrived,

so I don't think that entering in a death spiral of cuts in the social wage,
would have any benefit but destroying the country further,

I suggest that they do not pay back the usury debts to high finance, like
the Argentinians did, and create sovereign currency that goes directly into
the productive economy, creating a positive feedback loop,

I'm am also piqued by your calling the thai democracy movement evil,

why would you deny democratic rights in thailand?

please note that the protesters were very peaceful for 6 weeks, unitl the
massacre of April 10

I hope you do not believe the propaganda that they shot themselves, think of
it, what are the historical precedents for social movements engineering
their own repression and death? Don't you think it's more likely that the
forensic evidence of the policy is correct, i.e. they were army bullets

were the people in Tiananmen also evil, the U.S. civil rights movements, the
abolitionists

please note that alll the countries you say you admire, i.e. scandinavian
countries, are predicated on successfull social struggles by labour and
social movements, consolidated in participatory democratic institutions

why would you deny this to a country in SE Asia?

Michel