[p2p-research] Cut or evolve from current "representative" politics?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:15:04 CEST 2010

Thanks Michel.

>From such points on,
What is the position towards current (un?-representative) power politics?

Are they part of the institutional partners?
If so, is there already an existing concerted approach?

Pesos dialog between some people on this list with "politicians" related to
certain parties?

Is the so called "representative" power politics a way of bringing forward
one or more potential p2p strategies, if so, which ones, and is there a
concerted approach?

Personally, I currently position myself by staying cautious towards any
organized entities with power and non transparent processes, while inciting
them to contribute,without owning or controlling, to a movement for the
transfer of resources towards distributed forms of governance, production
and property.

Yet the "border" is subtle to me.
Even the way "money" is contributed, I feel, can lead to subtle differences.

And the way partnerships are experienced, including with so called
representative politics, is a question I felt like asking.

And if there would be any party fully supporting a p2p approach , what
priorities would you suggest them? Would there be a manifesto? Would it
require a new party? Or would such a "representative politics" in itself be
a contradiction to a p2p approach?

Has this question been raised in previous conversations on this list?

Cordially,Dante