[p2p-research] P2P research

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 10:10:16 CEST 2010

and here's a good list:

*2000*

   - George Gilder – Telecosm: How Infinite Bandwith Will Revolutionize Our
   World

*2001*

   - Cass Sunstein - Republic.com
   - Lawrence Lessig – The Future of
Ideas<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Future_of_Ideas&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World
   - Siva Vaidhyanathan – [[Copyrights and Copywrongs[[: The Rise of
   Intellectual Property and How it Threatens Creativity
   - Manuel Castells – The Internet
Galaxy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Internet_Galaxy&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   Reflections on the Internet, Business, and Society
   - Paulina Borsook –
Cyberselfish<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Cyberselfish&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   A Critical Romp Through the Terribly Libertarian Culture of High Tech

2002

   - David Weinberger - Small Pieces Loosely
Joined<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Small_Pieces_Loosely_Joined&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   A Unified Theory of the Web
   - Howard Reingold – Smart Mobs <http://p2pfoundation.net/Smart_Mobs>: The
   Next Social Revolution
   - Milton L. Mueller - Ruling the
Root<http://p2pfoundation.net/Ruling_the_Root>:
   Internet Governance and the Taming of Cyberspace
   - Richard A. Spinello - Regulating
Cyberspace<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Regulating_Cyberspace&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   The Policies and Technologies of Control
   - Stan Liebowitz – Re-Thinking the Network Economy: The True Forces that
   Drive the Digital Marketplace

*2003*

   - Adam D. Thierer & Clyde Wayne Crews (eds.) - Who Rules the
Net<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Who_Rules_the_Net&action=edit&redlink=1>?:
   Internet Governance and Jurisdiction
   - Shanthi Kalathil & Taylor C. Boas - Open Networks, Closed regimes: The
   Impact of the Internet on Authoritarian Rule
   - William Landes and Richard Posner – The Economic Structure of
   Intellectual Property Law

*2004*

   - Lawrence Lessig - Free Culture <http://p2pfoundation.net/Free_Culture>:
   The Nature and Future of Creativity
   - Dan Gillmor – We the Media <http://p2pfoundation.net/We_the_Media>:
   Grassroots Journalism By the People, For the People
   - William W. Fisher – Promises to
Keep<http://p2pfoundation.net/Promises_to_Keep>:
   Technology, Law, and the Future of Entertainment
   - Joe Trippi – The Revolution Will Not Be
Televised<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Revolution_Will_Not_Be_Televised&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   Democracy, The Internet, and the Overthrow of Everything
   - Siva Vaidhyanathan - The Anarchist in the
Library<http://p2pfoundation.net/Anarchist_in_the_Library>:
   How the Clash between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and
   Crashing the System
   - Steven Weber - The Success of Open
Source<http://p2pfoundation.net/Success_of_Open_Source>
   - Alexander R. Galloway - Protocol <http://p2pfoundation.net/Protocol>:
   How Control Exists after Decentralization

*2005*

   - John Battelle – The Search: How Google and its Rivals Rewrote the Rules
   of Business and Transformed Our Culture
   - Edward Castronova - [[Synthetic Worlds[[: The Business and Culture of
   Online Games

*2006*

   - Yochai Benkler - The Wealth of
Networks<http://p2pfoundation.net/Wealth_of_Networks>:
   How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom
   - Chris Anderson – The Long Tail <http://p2pfoundation.net/Long_Tail>:
   Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More
   - Jack Goldsmith & Tim Wu - Who Controls the Internet? Illusions of a
   Borderless World
   - Henry Jenkins - Convergence
Culture<http://p2pfoundation.net/Convergence_Culture>:
   Where Old and New Media Collide
   - Lawrence Lessig - Code <http://p2pfoundation.net/Code>: And Other Laws
   of Cyberspace, Version 2.0
   - Cass Sunstein – Infotopia: How Many Minds Produce Knowledge
   - Ori Brafman & Rod A. Beckstrom – The Starfish and the
Spider<http://p2pfoundation.net/Starfish_and_the_Spider>:
   The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations

*2007*

   - Daniel Solove - The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on
   the Internet
   - David Weinberger - Everything Is
Miscellaneous<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Everything_Is_Miscellaneous&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   The Power of the New Digital Disorder
   - Tarleton Gillespie - Wired Shut: Copyright and the Shape of Digital
   Culture
   - Steve Talbott - Devices of the Soul: Battling for Our Selves in an Age
   of Machines
   - Jeff Chester - Digital Destiny: New Media and the Future of Democracy

*2008*

   - Jonathan Zittrain - The Future of the
Internet<http://p2pfoundation.net/Future_of_the_Internet>– And How to
Stop It
   - John Palfrey & Urs Gasser - Born Digital: Understanding the First
   Generation of Digital Natives
   - Clay Shirky – Here Comes
Everybody<http://p2pfoundation.net/Here_Comes_Everybody>:
   The Power of Organizing without Organizations
   - Nick Carr – The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google
   - Jeanne Pia Mifsud Bonnici - Self-Regulation in Cyberspace
   - James Bessen and Michael J. Meurer – Patent Failure: How Judges,
   Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk
   - Michele Boldrin & David K. Levine – Against Intellectual Monopoly
   - Don Tapscott & Anthony D. Williams –
Wikinomics<http://p2pfoundation.net/Wikinomics>:
   How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything
   - Lee Siegel – Against the Machine: Being Human in the Age of the
   Electronic Mob
   - Lawrence Lessig – Remix <http://p2pfoundation.net/Remix>: Making Art
   and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy
   - Matt Mason – The Pirate’s
Dilemma<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Books?title=Pirate%E2%80%99s_Dilemma&action=edit&redlink=1>:
   How Youth Culture Is Reinventing Capitalism
   - Don Tapscott — Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing
   Your World

*2009*

   - Chris Anderson – Free <http://p2pfoundation.net/Free>: The Future of a
   Radical Price
   - Dawn C. Nunziato - Virtual Freedom: Net Neutrality and Free Speech in
   the Internet Age
   - David Bollier - Viral Spiral <http://p2pfoundation.net/Viral_Spiral>:
   How the Commoners Built a Digital Republic of Their Own
   - David Post – In Search of Jefferson’s Moose: Notes on the State of
   Cyberspace
   - Lee A. Bygrave & Jon Bing (eds) – Internet Governance: Infrastructure
   and Institutions
   - Manuel Castells – Communication Power
   - Jeff Jarvis - What Would Google Do?
   - James Boyle – The Public Domain<http://p2pfoundation.net/Public_Domain>:
   Enclosing the Commons of the Mind
   - Scott Rosenberg - Say Everything: How Blogging Began, What It’s
   Becoming, and Why It Matters
   - Erik Brynjolfsson & Adam Saunders – Wired for Innovation: How
   Information Technology is Reshaping the Economy
   - Matthew Scott Hindman -The Myth of Digital Democracy