[p2p-research] [OK] Re: [VBbuilders] Why and how work together?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 06:56:55 CEST 2010

Hi Ryan,

the coop employment figures are from a ILO report 2-3 years ago, Julen in cc
is a coop expert and should know more about it,

different countries have coop support structures, especially in anglosaxon
countries,

however, in the 80-90's many of them got de-mutualized, de-cooperatized, but
the pendulum has swung back

but still, as you also indicate, they have a much harder time finding
support, for example, classic banks often won't lend money to coops,

I think microfinance is largely 'too new' (relatively speaking) to have a
strong relationship with coops, I'm not aware of much synergy between them,
but I'm not at all an expert on coop trends,

Michel