[p2p-research] VERY urgent request for Ning

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:59:31 CEST 2010

Everything you say makes sense to me. Again, if people want a
replacement for Ning, then ELGG is just going to take way less time.
However, if Alex is right, and p2pf community really wants something
else, and just used Ning because it was easy, then Alex is right that
we should explore that, and it is then likely that building it in
Drupal (or a similar framework like Rails or Django) is a better
option

Another item that led to my ELGG suggestion:

Moving blog to Drupal: Michel has turned down using Drupal for the
blog in the past.

It would actually be nice to use Drupal, as I am in the process of
helping Michel and p2p foundation adopt some tools that work well with
Drupal (namely CiviCRM).

Anyway, I think you are onto something, Alex. What if we put aside
platform choices and explore needs as you are suggesting, and see if
we can at least get some response from the community about what they
would like? Then, I for one am not opposed to using Drupal to build
what is requested...

>>> http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
>>> http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
>>> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
>>> http://localfoodsystems.org
>>> http://notanemployee.net
>>> http://communitywiki.org
>>> http://p2pfoundation.net
>>>
>>> "The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human
>>> ambition." - Carl Sagan

Sam Rose
Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552