[p2p-research] pessimism on thailand

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:21:55 CEST 2010

a positive scenario is still possible,

what is dawning on the thai oligarchy is that there is no middle way,
outside of harsh and permanent repression, let's say the Iranian or Chinese
models, there is no way to keep the lid on the legitimate demands of the
majority of the population as expressed by the pro-democracy red shirt
movement; "managing democray" as they tried since 2006, is not working, so
they now either have to revert back to the democratic model, and loose the
electoral game; or choose for blood ... the clamour for bloody repression is
very strong though, and we don't hear voices in the elite calling for
compromise, (the few wise men and women are not listened too)

Michel