[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcf_discussion] Copyright 4 Creativity - Sign-on opportunity & info

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:41:06 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: simona.conservas.eXgae <info at conservas.tk>
Date: Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Subject: [fcf_discussion] Copyright 4 Creativity - Sign-on opportunity &
info
To: fcforum_discussion at list.fcforum.net

I thing i have suscribe in benhalf of fcforum this (NOT TO BE MADE PUBLIC
YET).
I'm not sure since maybe is a missunderstanding and didn't what to sign
anything without your permission. Let me know if you want me to unsign it.

attached and below is the text of the *Copyright 4 Creativity *declaration;
an *FAQ* about the campaign and about signing on; and a set of mainstream
*examples of exceptions to & limitations* on copyright. If you're interested
in *signing on*, please contact Nick Ashton-Hart at
nashton at copyright4creativity.eu <mailto:nashton at copyright4creativity.eu>,
cc:ing Joe & me. There will also be a *conference call tomorrow* where new
signers and interested parties can ask questions about the campaign.

Though summarized in greater detail in the several documents, I wanted to
highlight a major aspect of the campaign as an articulation of the positive
agenda - what we're for in this debate. This is in contrast to the IPR
Enforcement agenda (ACTA, IPRED2, 3 Strikes), but more importantly an
explanation of why flexibility in copyright is more conducive to creativity
and innovation and the growth of the digital economy. It is also an effort
to promote the Copyright for the Knowledge Economy dossier that the European
Commission began last year. In connection with the work plan for exceptions
& limitations at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the
currently discussed Treaty for the Visually Impaired, this effort is crucial
since the strongest opposition to these developments at WIPO has been the EU
delegation.

I also wanted to highlight the collection of examples that resonate with
people about the ways in which copyright exceptions & limitations impact
people's lives and their personal, social, and entrepreneurial activities.
New signatories are invited (& very much encouraged) to contribute one or
more examples to the list that will be available on the campaign website.

Finally, this project and campaign is about broadening the communities and
advocacy circles connected to and working on these copyright issues. You
will notice in the list of signatories library groups, trade associations,
and music industry representation. One challenge of the campaign will be to
try and bring in a diverse set of signatories representing a broad range of
constituencies.

Please consider having your organization sign on to the Copyright 4
Creativity Declaration to advance the positive agenda on copyright in the
EU. Please also let your contacts at organizations peripherally interested
in digital rights and representing kindred constituencies about the
campaign.

------------

Tomorrow's teleconference details:

DATE: 19th March 2010
TIME: 1500-1530 UTC/London, 1600-1630 Brussels: Potential signers and
drafting committee members Q&A period

CONNECTION DETAILS:

Belgium:             +32 2 713 3678
United Kingdom    +44 2078193600
France                  +33 171230055
USA                        +1 866 248 5984

Participant code: 6395 7945

--------------

Current list of Signatories:

BEUC    The European Consumers' Organisation
CCIA    Computer and Communications Industry Association
EBLIDA  European Bureau of Library, Information, and Documentation
Associations
eIFL    Electronic Information for Libraries
IFLA    International Library Federation
IMMF    International Music Managers Forum
KEI     Knowledge Ecology International
LIBER   Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche
ORG     Open Rights Group
SLA     Special Libraries Association

-----
+info http://list.fcforum.net/wws/info/fcforum_discussion