[p2p-research] in what precisely, consists the 'financial' attacks against Greece

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:11:12 CEST 2010

http://invertedalchemy.blogspot.com/2009/12/archimedean-theorem-iii-obscuritys.html

 And what do AIG, the recent awards, SAIC’s entry onto the S&P 500, and
> Greece’s impending bankruptcy all have in common? Let’s just say that
> bankruptcy has a remarkable and negative impact on intentional obscurity –
> particularly those associated with missing money. The government couldn’t
> let AIG fail, not because it was vital to the economy. Rather, it was vital
> to preserving secrecy of transactions that the government and its
> shareholders never wanted in the light of day. SAIC, in their most recent
> financial statement<http://investors.saic.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-09-249604> (page
> 16 and following) has conveniently shared the spotlight of corrupt practices
> with Siemens building the case for the fact that they are potentially the
> victims (clearly not the perpetrators) of corrupt transactions associated
> with Olympic security contracts. And, when the EU has to review the
> financial transactions of the Greek government per euro policies, won’t it
> be interesting to see where SAIC’s $120 million showed up on the books?

> <http://invertedalchemy.blogspot.com/2009/12/archimedean-theorem-iii-obscuritys.html>

I wonder if one of this weekend’s editorial writers has more knowledge of
the contents of e-mails then first meets the eye. After all, Eliot Spitzer
was New York State’s Attorney General on October 20, 2005 when Bulf Oil,
that mysterious oil-for-food company was convicted of grand larceny. For
those of you not familiar with it, the “Romanian Company” Bulf Oil – is one
of the most fascinating untold stories of the run-up to the Iraq war. Even
more fascinating is theReston, Virginia trading company, Midway Oil Trading
Inc <http://manhattanda.org/whatsnew/press/2005-10-20.shtml>., which wired
funds through one or more New York banks to subsidize the oil-for-food scam.
Midway Oil Trading Inc. reportedly had offices in Virginia, Switzerland and
Greece. Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out whether any of the folks
implicated in the web of obscurity actually were outed by bankruptcy?

Let me be blunt. The real story of the bailout is not one of
“too-big-to-fail”. Rather it is one of “too-many-skeletons-in-the-closet”.
So we arrive at Archimedean Theorem III – Accountability and Transparency
are the ultimate arbiters of public good. As we have seen with carbon credit
indulgences, Olympic security for games 5 years over, oil-for-food, peace
through war, and Copenhagen’s absurd conclusion, when subterfuge and
obscurity are utilities of choice, no public good will follow. Yes, we need
the AIG bailout records. Yes, we need the Federal Reserve audit. Yes we need
genuine accountability for the propagation of a war that has NOTHING to do
with freedom. Obscurity’s days are numbered as long as you, the reader,
decide to wake up. If not, this blog, and my efforts serve as an epitaph on
us all. WAKE UP!

--
Alex

“It’s no longer possible for a country to collapse in isolation. Now we all
collapse.

The only path to stability is to equalize the consumption rates of the first
and developing world. Our dream is no longer possible in the new world.” -
Jared Diamond March 2010